Even the experts in using Spotify find it hard to change the username. However, we always got you where things seem impossible. Have you ever been in a situation where someone claims to be the owner of your Spotify account? This is the situation that makes most Spotify users feel like they need to change their Spotify username.
Since there is no direct way on how to change Spotify username, it becomes a problem to many. There are a few tricks you can use to ensure that you are on the safe side. We are here to tell you techniques you can use to change Spotify username.
Ways of changing Spotify username
To change Spotify’s username, you can either use your desktop or smartphone. If you are a Spotify user, it means you have one of the two. Therefore, it will not be a hassle getting these gadgets. You use these devices to connect Spotify with your Facebook account. If this becomes impossible, you can always contact Spotify or create a new account.
Using a desktop
Opening Spotify application
On your computer open the Spotify application. Just look for a green circular icon containing 3 black sound waves. If it becomes so hard spoting it, just search the word ‘Spotify’ on the window’s menu. This will simply lead you to the app’s location.
On the application’s home page, click on ‘settings’. You will get the ‘settings’ option by simply clicking on an icon on the top right of the homepage. Once you spot your username, getting this icon will not be a problem. It is right next to the username. Once you click on the settings option it will lead you to the setting’s menu. Simply click on the menu.
Once the menu is open, scroll down through the list. Here is the secret behind how to change Spotify username Facebook. Simply check for the ‘social’ option. At this point, you will see the ‘Facebook’ option. Click on the option to connect to Facebook. This will direct you to a new window.
Facebook sign in
Once a new window pops up, it will prompt you to enter your login details. Key in the necessary details that include the email and your password. Click on the login option to sign in your Facebook account. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can always create one. Once you are logged in, you have already joined your Facebook account to Spotify.
Well, this is one of several techniques. With that done, your Facebook name will be your Spotify profile. Therefore, instead of the old Spotify, you will be seeing the Facebook username. From there, you can change your Facebook username to whatever you want to appear on your Spotify profile. That’s simply how to change Spotify username on desktop.
Using a smartphone
Most people wonder how to unlink Facebook from Instagram. Well, changing Spotify username is also very troublesome. Follow these simple steps to maneuver through Spotify username changing.
- On your smartphone or tablet, open the Spotify application. As we said the icon is very simple to spot. Just like on the desktop, it is a green circular icon containing 3 black sound waves. If you have it on the home screen, it will be a bit easy to get it.
- On the application’s homepage, tap the ‘library’ option. You will find it at the bottom right. The option is simply vertical lines that are 3 in number. This will direct you to the library’s menu.
- From the menu, you will see the settings option. This will be on a new page
- Tap on settings and find the social option.
- Tap Social on the Settings menu. This will open your web-based life and cooperation settings.
- On the list, tap the Connect to the Facebook alternative. This will incite you to sign in to your Facebook account on another page.
- In case you’re asked to permit Spotify consent to get to Facebook, tap Allow or Continue in the spring up to proceed.
- In case you’re naturally signed in to your Facebook on your telephone or tablet, simply tap Continue as opposed to marking in once more.
- Sign in to your Facebook account. Enter your email or telephone and your secret phrase, and afterward click the blue Login button. This will interface your Spotify to your Facebook, and change your username to your Facebook show name.
Creating a new account
If all the above options fail, you can choose to create a new account. All you need to do is delete your current account. Make sure you save your playlist. Close the account you are currently using. Make sure that you are not logged in in the account. In case you had any subscriptions, be sure that they are used up or even make the account free.
This will prevent you from getting charged something you are not using. You can use the application either on a desktop or smartphone to create a new account. Enter all details requires including the new username that you prefer. You don’t need to know how to change Spotify username from numbers.
Creating a new account allows you to have a new user name. Lucky for you, you can be able to access your previous playlist. That’s why it is always good to save your playlist once you create it. You need to request for Spotify to transfer your old playlists to your new account. Make sure you make the request as soon as you create the new account. You should not wait for more than one week.
There is always a way around everything. Tricks work for the impossible perfectly. Now you know how to change Spotify username. You can also share the information with your friends or direct them to us.
In case, you don’t find any of the techniques appropriate for you, you can always contact Spotify. However, the support team will tell you what we just did. Therefore, choose a technique of your choice and continue enjoying music from Spotify.